Sunday, November 7, 2010

NEW TOY- SE FLOVAL FLYER

I have been wanting to get a 24" cruiser for a long time. I've had a couple in the past and they are great for riding around town, jumping, ditches, and just having fun. They are fast and stable at speed. Parts are probably a little easier to find than flatland parts. I can actually walk into a bike shop near my house and they have tires for cruisers etc... That just doesn't happen with flatland around here. Sometimes I wonder if flatland would exist without mail order. You can also race old man class at just about any local bmx track. I started looking awhile back and noticed that there were alot of street/fst/dirt jump style cruisers available but very few complete race bikes. I wanted something I could ride all day and get some miles on, at the same time be able to launch curbs and play around on small jumps. I found an SE floval Flyer 2009 brand new at Jones bicycles in LBC on sale for $305.00 I jumped on it. Floval frame, landing gear forks, nice cranks. etc... Great deal on a fun bike. I have upgraded a couple things, changed gearing from 39/17 to 33/14 changed the seat, and basically just personalized it. Here is a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment