Sunday, September 26, 2010

BIKE CHECK UPDATE- NEW TIRES ODYSSEY FLATWARE

My primo comet tires finally gave out on me after some very good use. I loved them and highly recommend them to any rider for flatland riding. They are light, roll fast, and are cheap in comparison to most other tires on the market. I had these on for awhile and never even thought about changing them until the other day when I noticed they felt sluggish and not the same as normal. I checked psi-120 good, then noticed I had threads coming out all over the place. Every four inches or so there was a spot with no rubber. Too many megaspins.
I had a pair of odyssey frequency G p lytes in 20" X 1.75" hanging in the garage so I swapped them out. I have only had a chance to get a couple hours on them and they feel good. Much slower than the comets but hey they have tread.
I also swapped my bars back to Chase G bars instead of the space bars. The sweep was just too much for me. My bike feels dialed right now, it even has that basketball sound when it bounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment