Thursday, September 16, 2010

West Coast Shore Fishing- My favorite setup

Up first is the Rod and Reel. I purchased the rod a few years back at Big Fish in Huntington beach CA. Its a Magna Majesty Jig 20 made in germany. It measures about 12.5' and is super light IM-7 high modulus carbon 3pc. stick. Super fun for Harbor bassin or hunting for halibut. I use a cheap reel I bought used from the Rusty Hook in San Pedro CA. A shimano Bantam Magnum baitcaster. It works great and I don't care if it gets wet.

As for my tackle box, I use a humvee hunting/fishing vest. It carries everything I need comfortably. Two small boxes, a couple ziplocs with small packs of hooks. A pack of fake bait- the worms are good for perchin. A couple Krocodile lures and a couple of very small plastics. A nail clipper and a pair of needle nose pliers. Thats really all you need to catch fish from shore out here. Oh yeah, lots of patience and a cooler with food and drinks helps out alot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment