Friday, November 9, 2012

PRODUCT REVIEW; FLY BIKES ZAPATAS BRAKE PADS

I might be one of only a few people still running brakes on a BMX bike. Even more rare than that, I only run a front brake. My current brake setup is a Colony lever, Odyssey evo 2 brake and slic cable. I was running the diatech flexie forever but ran into some trouble with that one. In the past few years, I haven't seen much in the way of "great new innovative brake parts" and there is a reason. Not as many people are running brakes these days. During one of our sunday night ride sessions, Bo asked if my shoe laces ever got tangled in my brake pad hardware. It has happened to me maybe twice in my life. Tunney said Fly bikes had some pads where the post threaded into the pad. I had to check them out. I ordered a set from a popular mailorder company as I could not find them at any of my local shops. They got here real fast (thanks Dan). I installed them and rode them yesterday and have to say there is a huge difference in performance. The compound is perfect (I got the blue ones). Installation was super easy with the hardware included, and they look SOOOOO CLEAN.... If you are like me and still run brakes. I fully recommend these pads. They ran about $13.00 and my brakes feel like a different better set.

                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment